What is WatchTV?
Standalone WatchTV is no longer available for new sign ups. Current WatchTV customers can sign in to the WatchTV app and continue to use the service. Existing customers can stream 35+ channels of live TV, plus access to loads of on-demand movies and shows (15,000 titles). Each WatchTV account can stream on one device at a time.
I am an AT&T Unlimited &More or &More Premium customer. How do I learn more about the WatchTV benefit?
Refer to this article for more information about your benefit.
Where can I stream WatchTV?
You can stream WatchTV within the United States, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. It’s not available outside the U.S., including Mexico and Canada.
Can I stream on more than one device with WatchTV?
At the moment, you may only stream on one device at a time.
How do I update my WatchTV account info (email address, password, etc.)?
Updating your information is easy:
- Sign into your account using Google Chrome (versions 50+)
- Select the homepage Person icon
- Tap Settings
- Access your WatchTV User Account
- Select Profile
- Click Edit on ATT.com
- Hit Continue
- Enter your changes, click save. Once you’re done, you’ll be redirected back to your WatchTV account.
Will WatchTV be part of the AT&T Data-Free TV offer?
If you’re on an AT&T postpaid data plan or eligible prepaid data plan, streaming the WatchTV app over the AT&T wireless network will be data-free* and not count against your allotted data, including congestion management. Learn more about Data-Free TV.
*Must stream through the AT&T WatchTV app and have an active & eligible AT&T postpaid wireless or eligible prepaid plan with data and use a compatible device. See the full list of eligible AT&T prepaid monthly plans. Use subject to wireless service terms including those related to data speed. Streaming may not work at reduced speeds. Offer, functions & programming subject to change & may be discontinued without notice at any time.
How do I set up WatchTV on Amazon Fire TV or Amazon Fire TV Stick?
To stream WatchTV on your TV using Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Fire TV Edition, or Amazon Fire TV Stick, you’ll need:
- A wireless internet connection (required for Amazon Fire Stick) or wired Internet connection
- A compatible high-definition or ultra-high-definition TV with an HDMI port
- An HDMI cable (required for Amazon Fire TV)
- An Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Edition, or Amazon Fire TV Stick
- The WatchTV app installed from the Amazon App Store
How do I set up and manage WatchTV on an Android device after creating my WatchTV account?
Installing WatchTV on your Android device
- Find the WatchTV app in the Google Play Store™
- Select Install
- Select Accept and the app will download and install on your device (data rates may apply)
- Launch the app and sign-in after setting up your account through WatchTV
Tip: You can always find the app by entering "WatchTV" in the Google search bar. Then select the app from the search results.
Updating the WatchTV app on your Android device
- Go to the WatchTV app in the Google Play store
- Select Update
- Select Accept. A new version of the app will install on your device.
- Select Open to launch the app
Uninstalling WatchTV from your Android device
- Go to the WatchTV app in the Google Play store
- Select Uninstall
- Select OK button. The app will uninstall from your device.
Android, Google, Google Play and Google Cast are trademarks of Google Inc.
How do I set up and manage WatchTV on iPad, iPhone or iPod touch after creating my WatchTV account?
The WatchTV app is compatible with Apple devices running iOS 9+. Below are quick steps on setting up and managing the app on your device:
Installing the WatchTV app on your device
- Make sure that your device is running iOS 9+
- Go to the WatchTV app on the App Store
- Select Get and download the free app (data rates may apply)
If prompted, enter your Apple ID password to download the app.
Updating the WatchTV app on your Apple iOS device
Most iOS devices automatically update the WatchTV app when a new version is available. If you have auto updates disabled, you’ll have to go to the Apple Store and manually update the WatchTV app.
Uninstalling the WatchTV app on your device
- Press and hold the WatchTV app until it shakes
- In the upper left corner of the app, select the X icon
- Tap Delete
iPad®, iPhone®, iPod touch®, iTunes® and Apple Store® are registered trademarks of Apple. Inc, registered in the US and other countries.
How do I set up and manage WatchTV on Apple TV after creating my WatchTV account?
To stream WatchTV on your television using Apple TV, you’ll need:
- An Internet connection (Wi-Fi or wired)
- An Ethernet cable (wired only)
- An HDMI cable
- A high-definition TV/home theater with an HDMI port
- An iOS device (optional for automated setup)
- An Apple TV with remote and power cord (requires 4th edition and higher)
You will then need to download the WatchTV app to your Apple TV.
Note: Not all remotes are compatible with the WatchTV app. We recommend using the remote provided with your Apple TV.